1. Put the words in the box in the correct columns. Add more words if you can (Đặt các từ trong bảng vào các cột thích hợp. Thêm các từ khác nếu có thể)
||Kinds of film
home and garden
2. Use the words in the box to fill the text below. (Sử dụng các từ trong bảng để điền vào bài viết dưới đây)
TV1 is a _national_ (1) television channel in Viet Nam. It attracts millions of _viewers_(2) because it offers many different interesting programmes. The _7 o’clock news_ (3) tells people what is happening in Viet Nam and the rest of the world. _Comedies_ (4) bring a lot of laughter and help people_relax_ (5) after a hard working day. The most exciting programmes are_gameshow_ (6). They can be both entertaining and_educational_ (7). Many people work hard every day to produce quality programmes for television. Some of them are programme designers,_writers_(8) and reporters.
3. Use a question word to make a suitable question for each answer below. (Sử dụng từ hỏi để đặt câu hỏi phù hợp cho các câu trả lời sau)
- _How many_ days a week do you go to class? – I go to class five days a week.
- _What_ did you watch on TV last night? – I watched The Red Spotted Squirrel.
- _Why_ do you like the Animals programme? – Because I love animals.
- _Who_ is your favourite television MC? – I like Minh Phong in The Gift of Music.
- _When_ was The Lonely Giraffe made? – I don’t know. But I first watched it on TV last year.
4. Use the conjunction provided to connect the sentences (Sử dụng liên từ đã cho để nối câu)
- Ocean Life is on at 7.30. Laughing out Loud will follow, at 8.00. (and) -> Ocean Life is on at 7:30 and Laughing Out Loud is at 8:00.
- I have watched The Seven Kitties many times. I like the film so much. (because) -> I have watched The Seven Kitties many times because I like the film so much.
- BBC One is a British channel.VTV6 is a Vietnamese channel. (but) -> BBC One is a British channel, but VTV6 is a Vietnamese channel.
- Along the Coast is a famous TV series. I have never watched it. (although) -> Although Along the Coast is a famous TV serries, I have never watched it.
- I have a lot of homework tonight. I can’t watch Eight Feet Below. (so) -> I have a lot of homework tonight so I can’t watch Eight Feet Below.
5. Rearrange the order of the sentences to have a complete conversation about a TV programme. (Sắp xếp các câu theo đúng thứ tự để hoàn thành bài hội thoại về một chương trình TV)
- A: Hey Phong, did you watch the pig race on TV yesterday?
- B: It’s a sport. Pigs race around a small track. It’s really very funny.
- C: No. What is it?
- D: Really? I’ve never seen it. What country is it in?
- E: Well… When is it on?
- F: Australia, America … It’s an attraction at many country fairs.
- G: Discovery channel.
- H: That sounds interesting. Which channel is it on?
- I: At 9 o’clock Saturday morning or 10 o’clock Sunday evening.
- J. Thank you. I’ll watch it.
Trả lời: 1-A, 2-C, 3-B, 4-D, 5-F, 6-H, 7-G, 8-E, 9-I, 10-J
6. Recommend an interesting TV programme to your friends. Make a conversation based on the sample in 5. (Gợi ý một chương trình TV thú vị dành cho bạn bè. Tạo hội thoại dựa vào mẫu phần 5)
- A: I’m boring. There’s nothing to do.
- B: How about watching TV?
- A: I don’t know what to see.
- B: Hm, you can watch “Gravity Falls”. It’s so interesting.
- A: Oh, really? What’s it about?
- B: It’s about Marble and Dipper who are twins and their summer holiday in Gravity Falls town with their uncle. They found a mysterious book about the town and they decide to discover all the mysteries there.
- A: Wow, fantastic! Which channel is it on?
- B: Disney channel.
- A: When is it on?
- B: 11 o’ clock Saturday and Sunday morning.
- A: Thank you. I will watch it.
|Finished! Now you can…
- use words related to television
- use question words
- use conjunctions to connect words and clauses
- talk about television inside and outside of Viet Nam