1. Listen and read the conversations
2. Work in pairs. Make similar conversations to ask for and give directions to places near your school
A. Excuse me. Could you tell me the way to Royal City, please?
B: Go straight and then take the second turning on the right
3. Nick is listening to an audio guide to Hoi An. Listen and fill the blank
(1) straight (2) second (3) right (4) next to
4. Look at the map below and create an audio guide for District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City.
– Give directions to at least three different places;
– Use first, then, after that and finally to link your directions
Let’s start our tour in Ho Chi Minh City. We are in Hai Ba Trung Street now. First, go to Duc Ba cathedral. To get there, go straight along the street for 2 minutes then take the first turning on the right, keep going straight, Duc Ba cathedral is in front of your eyes. Next, we go to Thong Nhat palace. Go straight along the Nguyen Du street then take the first turning on the right, go straight and it’s on your right. Finally, go to the Sai Gon opera house. Go straight along the Le Duan street and take the second turning on the right, keep going straight for 10 minutes, the Sai Gon opera house is on your right.
5. Now present your audio guide to your class